The Hon. Commissioner for Investment, Commerce and Industry, Dr. Mustapha Jibril has inaugurated a Monitoring and Evaluation Committee to oversee the implementation of the lease agreement of Niger Fertilizer Company, Zungeru between Niger State Government and J. Marine Logistics Limited.
The Committee is Chaired by the Parmanent Secretary of Ministry of Investment, Alhaji Hussaini Ahmed while the Chief Industrial Officer and Project Desk Officer of the Ministry as the Secretary.
Other members of the Committee are Mallam Abubakar Sadiq Baba, Director Investment of the Ministry, Director Administration, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Director of Agricultural Services, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Special Assistant NSDC Affairs to the Hon. Commissioner, Mustapha Abubakar.
The Committee’s Terms of Reference are ;
- To monitor and Evaluate the implementation of the lease agreement on Niger Fertilizer Company Limited, NIFEC.
- To draw the attention of the Leasees to areas of the agreement that may suffer neglect and affect it’s overall successful implementation.
- To profer advise to the Leasees and recommend assistance to them where and when necessary.
- To ensure that the scope, terms and conditions of the Lease agreement are effectively and efficiently adhered to.
- To ensure that product of Niger Fertilizer Company meet the required standard.
- To promptly report any findings on i – v above vii below to the Ministry of Investment, Commerce and Industry along with implementable recommendations towards the achievement of the objectives of NIFEC or any other actions that may be deemed necessary by the Ministry.
- Other actions that is certain to be in the interest of NIFEC and or the Lessees, the Lessors and the General Public within the ambit of the law.
Dr. Mustapha Jibril charged the Committee to discharge what is expected of them with sincerity and diligence.
In his remarks, the Chairman of the Committee, Alhaji Hussaini Ahmed expressed gratitude on behalf of the members of the committee for the confidence shown in them while noting that, his committee will leave no stone unturned in carrying out their responsibility.
Recall on 9th of December, 2019 the Niger State Government signed a Lease Agreement with Messrs J. Marine Logistics Limited on Niger Fertilizer Company Limited, Zungeru.
The agreement was as a result of this administration’s doggedness and well calculated efforts at securing competent investors to partner with Niger State Government towards rapid and sustainable socio-economic development.
16 October, 2020.