A High Level Women Advocates Group is set for inauguration tomorrow in Kebbi State.
Accordingly, the program is billed to commence in the morning at the Conference Hall of the Presidential Lodge Birnin Kebbi.
Promoted by the Office of the Kebbi State Governor, wife of the governor Dr Zainab Atiku Bagudu, UNICEF and the Federal Ministry of Education; the group comprises of some prominent women is billed to spearhead advocacy for girl child education, promote women participation in Governance and other developmental activities in the State.
Composition of the HILWA team includes :
1. Hajiya Maimuna Bala: Former Commissioner for Women Affairs
2. Barrister Rakiya Tanko Ayuba: Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice in Kebbi State.
3. Rebecca Ezra: Assistant Registrar, Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero.
4. Hajiya Fatima Umar: Wife of Bunza LGA Sole Administrator
5. Hajiya Halima Hassan Kamba: Principal of Argungu Science School
6. Mrs Esther Jatau: Project Officer, Gender and Vulnerable Communities at Community and Social Development
7. Matron Jamila Aliyu Garba: Former Head Nurse at Federal Medical Centre Birnin Kebbi.
8. Hajiya Rafa’atu Noma Hammani: The Perm. Sec. Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development (Secretary HiLWA Team)
9. Aisha Augie-Kuta: SSA New Media (Media & Publicity)
10. Aisha Sakaba
Kebbi State Commissioner of Education Muhd Magawata Aliero is to coordinate the inauguration event with various women groups from within and outside kebbi expected to grace the occasion.
Kebbi is one of States in the Country with low literacy level and poor Girl Child school attendace which is projected to be upturned in few years as a result of these strategic initiatives being put in place by the Matron of the body Dr Zainab Atiku Bagudu in Kebbi State.
source: Kebbi daily updates